Privacy Notice Dorking Halls
Mole Valley District Council (“MVDC”) is the body exercising control over the purpose for which and the manner in which your personal data is processed.
Data Controller’s Contact Details:
Dorking Halls, Reigate Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 879200.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor): Telephone: 01306 879 354
Why We Collect Your Data:
Dorking Halls as part of Mole Valley District Council collects your personal data in order to process your booking. We will only collect personal data from you that we need in order to provide this service to you. We do this as necessary for the performance of a ticket purchasing contract with you.
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, based on events you have booked for in the past and only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into through our website.
To notify you about changes to our service and in connection with arrangements for a forthcoming event for which you have booked a ticket.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or email.
Storage of personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in the United Kingdom. Where you have chosen a password to access your account for online booking via our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Sharing Of Your Data With Third Parties
We may disclose information to third parties where it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Our websites may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept responsibility or liability for these policies.
We will not share your details with third parties unless you have consented for us to do so.
NHS Test and Trace
In line with government requirements, your name and contact details will be passed on to NHS Test and Trace if they request it within 21 days of your visit.
Further information on onward transfers:
MVDC will not transfer the personal data you have provided outside of the UK or European Union unless this is permitted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
How Long Will The Personal Data Be Kept For:
The personal data you have supplied will be destroyed in accordance with MVDC’s Data Retention Policy not more than seven years after a ticket purchase.
Statutory Obligations to Provide The Personal Data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you, however, if you do not we will not be able to let you know about any changes to a show or contact you if it is cancelled.
Data Subject Rights:
From 25 May 2018 you will have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
· see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
· have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you (or you can do this yourself via your online account);
· request the erasure your personal data in certain circumstances;
· request processing of your personal data is restricted (this will only apply in certain situations, for example where its accuracy is contested, where the processing is unlawful and the you oppose its proposed erasure by MVDC, or where MVDC no longer needs to process the personal data, but it is required by you in connection with legal claims);
· object to the processing where the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller (though MVDC will still be able to continue with the processing in certain circumstances, such as if there are compelling grounds for the processing which over ride your interests).
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
No. If MVDC needs to inform recipients about any action it has taken under the Data Protection Act then it will do so by placing a Notice on MVDC’s website informing the public of any relevant changes
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
The Dorking Halls website is maintained by Mole Valley District Council. This privacy and cookies policy applies to information the council may collect from you when visiting the website or submitting information via an e form. It does not apply to any sites the council links to, which will have their own privacy policies.
MVDC has been asked to provide further information about the cookies used on the site
When you visit the website, some details are recorded from your web browser for statistical purposes.
For more information about the GDPR, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website
Google Analytics sets cookies to help MVDC accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and the volumes of usage.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
- Name: _utma; Typical Content: Randomly generated number; Expires: Two years
- Name: _utmb; Typical Content: Randomly generated number; Expires: Thirty Minutes
- Name: _utmc; Typical Content: Randomly generated number; Expires: When user exits browser
- Name: _utmz; Typical Content: Randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached for example directly or via a link, paid search etc); Expires; Six months